Not a member of a Faith community? Scroll down to find out about individual membership!
The Congregational membership program is a network of faith communities committed to partnering with each other and with the NM Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice for Reproductive Justice, which is: the right to have children, not have children, and to parent the children we have according to our own values in safe and healthy environments. By partnering together for more effective advocacy, we can strengthen the prophetic voice of religion in the public square to ensure that all people have access to all reproductive and sexual health information and services, including birthing options, contraception, sterilization and abortion, that all young people have access to medically accurate, comprehensive sex education, and that all families have the resources to care for their children with dignity.
A member Congregation is:
- A faith community that urges members to communicate and engage with elected officials regarding the critical reproductive justice issues of the day.
- A faith community that respects the value of potential human life while remaining firmly committed to women as responsible, moral decision-makers.
- A faith community that believes the ability to make moral decisions—including about reproductive issues—is the very basis of an individual’s dignity.
In this partnership, member Congregations commit to at least three of the following activities, preferably one from each section:
- Invite staff/board from NM RCRC to teach and/or preach in your faith community.
- Convene a reproductive justice study group related to your tradition’s scriptures or important texts.
- Host a forum with elected officials and/or on a critical reproductive justice issue.
- Collect letters from members to legislators re: critical reproductive justice issues.
- Send members to Reproductive Justice Advocacy Day in Santa Fe each January.
- Help organize or attend marches, rallies, or other courageous public actions.
- Sponsor the non-medical costs for a low-income woman needing abortion care.
- Make NM RCRC a line item in your faith community’s budget.
- Collect a special offering for NM RCRC.
Not a member of a Faith community?
- Spread the Word! Forward our e-Newsletters to friends.
- Write an article for the NM RCRC newsletter of blog.
- Submit an Op-ed or letter to the editor on a critical reproductive justice issue.
- Contact legislators re: critical reproductive justice issues.
- Attend the Reproductive Justice Advocacy Day in Santa Fe each January.
- Speak at local marches, rallies, or other courageous public actions.
- Volunteer to host a low-income woman needing abortion care. (Albuquerque only)
- Donate your birthday or other celebration to NM RCRC.
- Make a regular donation to NM RCRC.
You can make a big difference in just 5 minutes. That’s all it will take to learn the issues and send a letter to your elected officials. The actions of our government have an enormous impact so please educate yourself and take action.
|Send me “Voice for Choice” the E-newsletter|