As people of religious faith and conviction, the New Mexico Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice supports reproductive justice for every person. Our struggle for reproductive justice includes these core values:
- That families are created in many ways.
- That all families should have the resources to care for their children with dignity.
- That all persons desiring to be parents should have the right and opportunity to do so.
- That no one should be forced into parenthood, or into narrowly-defined parenting roles.
- That the sexual experiences of consenting adults are not open to government inspection, opinion, and legislation.
- That all persons have a right to privacy.
- That all persons have a right to education and employment without discrimination based on gender, pregnancy, or sexual orientation or identity.
- That no person should ever be forced or coerced into contraception, sterilization, or abortion.
- That caring communities have a responsibility to ensure that all young people have access to medically accurate, comprehensive sex education.
- That all people should have access to all reproductive and sexual health information and services, including birthing options, contraception, sterilization and abortion.
- That all persons should be able to live a life free from violence, including physical and sexual violence, which prevents them from controlling their sexual and reproductive lives.
- That sexually transmitted infections are not a result of moral failure, and the best medical information, prevention, and treatment should be available to all.
- That sex is a glorious component of the human experience, a gift of the Divine, to be expressed with respect, responsibility, and joy.
Adapted from the original by the Missouri Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice.
|We are a member of The New Mexico Women’s Agenda, The Coalition for Choice, Strong Families New Mexico, The New Mexico Teen Pregnancy Coalition, All Families Matter New Mexico and one of twenty-five affiliates of the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice|
|one of over 100 members of the National Network of Abortion Funds|
and a Regional Coordinator for Raising Women’s Voices for Health Care Reform
|Send me “Voice for Choice” the E-newsletter|